Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe also works well using pork strips. Canned well drained sliced mushrooms can also be added in, or use fresh sauteed mushrooms, adjust all amounts and seasoning to taste.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steaks (sliced into about 1/4-inch strips)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste) (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper (seeded and cut into strips)
- 1 small red bell pepper (seded and cut into strips)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups condensed beef consomme (undiluted)
- 2 -3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the flour with garlic, ginger, salt and black pepper; add in the beef strips and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the skillet and saute for about 3 minutes (do this in 2 batches if needed).
- Add in the chili flakes (if using) bell peppers, onions and stir with wooden spoon for about 1 minute.
- Add in consomme, soy sauce and sesame oil; cover and simmer for about 7-8 minutes or until the veggies are just crisp-tender.
- Season with black pepper (and salt if desired) to taste.