Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add ginger and reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and ginger infuses syrup, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out ginger.
- Cool and pour over chunks of pineapple, sliced kiwi, sliced bananas, or any of your favorite fruit combinations.
So yummy! Made as written but used frozen berries as the fruit. Loved it on out waffles.Recipe #63071.
Thank you. Worked beautifully for this recipe: Recipe #370403
I'm a ginger lover so next time I will use more ginger, chop it smaller, and let it infuse more. I also plan to try equal parts sugar/water. I poured this over pound cake and with whipped cream and fruit made a yummy trifle!