Recipe by Everything Tasty Kitchen
BIG flavor packed into these little savory bundles! I'm trying to find the words to describe just how good these little ginger shrimp potstickers really are. They are lightly fried on one side to give a nice crispy bottom and than steamed to complete the cooking. Although this recipe has alot of ingredients, these are very easy to make and well worth the extra effort. I guess the best way to describe how good these are is to tell you, they instantly dissapeared as fast as I was making them. They are especially good dipped in the peanut sauce!
- 177.44 ml green cabbage, shredded
- 78.07 ml green onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml shoestring carrots
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce (Tamari)
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp, peeled
- 0.25 ml hot sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml canola oil, divided
- 236.59 ml water, divided
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml peanut butter
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce (Tamari)
- 22.18 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare potstickers, combine first 10 filling ingredients in a food processor; pulse 4-5 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Working with a few wonton wrappers at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to prevent drying), spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons shrimp mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of dough with water; bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Place potstickers on a large baking sheet sprinkled with cornstarch.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 12 potstickers to pan; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking. Carefully add 1/2 cup water to pan; cover and cook 4 minutes. Uncover and cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Repeat steps until all are cooked.
- To prepare sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve sauce with potstickers.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven under tinfoil. Good served at room temperature too.