Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A healthy appetizer or light entree perfect for a warm weather lunch or dinner. Spiced shrimp accented with mangoes, avocadoes, vegetables and an island inspired dressing, tightly rolled in crisp leaves of bibb lettuce. I had an issue with the computer program entering the recipe for the island ranch dressing. The recipe is entered below. Please enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 18 medium shrimp
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 bibb lettuce
- 2 mangoes, peeled, thinly shaved into ribbons
- 2 avocados, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chives, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly cut into sticks
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, recipe below
- lime wedge
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1. Place the shrimp onto a flat tray; mix with olive oil, smoked paprika, lemon pepper seasoning, ginger and kosher salt. Evenly rub the spice blend onto the shrimp, cover the tray with saran and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Generously spray an oven proof baking dish with nonstick vegetable cooking oil; arrange the shrimp in an even layer, lightly spray the surface of the shrimp with additional vegetable oil.
- 3. Place the baking dish into a 350 degree oven and bake for 8 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the oven, allowing the shrimp too slightly cool but are still warm.
- 4. Wash the lettuce leaves; dry well between multiple layers of absorbent paper towels, to assemble:.
- a. Place the lettuce leaves onto a flat surface.
- b. Top each lettuce leaf attractively with mango ribbons, avocado, chive and carrot sticks, cilantro and mint leaves. Arrange the vegetables across the length of each lettuce leaf leaving approximately 1/4 inch border around the perimeter of each leaf.
- Celsius Arrange 3 shrimp halves on top of the vegetables; sprinkle of few toated sesame seeds over eac lettuce leaf.
- d. Using a squirt bottle generously drizzle the Island Ranch Dressing over the surface of each lettuce leaf. Place any remaining dressing into a decorative dish to be served as an accompaniment with the lettuce wraps.
- e. Tightly roll each lettuce leaf in a burrito style, slightly fold the edges of each lettuce leaf into the center of each wrap to help secure into a tight bundle.
- f.Arrange the lettuce wraps on a decorative serving platter, serve with the dish of dressing. Garnish the platter with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
- 1. Place all remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with a whisk.