Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These make great hors d'ouevres for a party or just to pair with another scrumptious asian dish. A refreshing change from the plain, old egg roll
- 20 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg white with 1 tbsp water and set aside.
- In large dutch oven combine coleslaw mix, ginger, water chestnuts, 2 tbsp water, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Heat on low and cover, steaming the vegetables with the liquid ingredients until just soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Toss in shrimp and fresh cilantro until well combined.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of filling and place in the middle of eggroll wrapper.
- Fold wrapper over bringing in the two sides.
- Wet the corners with egg wash and fold over.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry in oil, two at a time until golden brown and hot in the middle.