Cooking Light. Dec 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, ground ginger, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 2Place butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth (about 1 minute). Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined.
- 3Add ice water; stir just until combined.
- 4Press mixture gently into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill for 20 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Slightly overlap 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a slightly damp surface. Unwrap and place chilled dough on plastic wrap. Cover dough with 2 additional sheets of overlapping plastic wrap.
- 7Roll dough, still covered, into an 8-inch circle (the edges of the circle will crack slightly). Remove top sheets of plastic wrap, and fit dough, plastic wrap side up, onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Remove the remaining plastic wrap.
- 8Sprinkle dough with 1 tablespoon of coarse sugar; press gently to help sugar adhere to dough. Lightly score dough into 16 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough. Place 1 piece of crystallized ginger in each wedge; press gently to adhere.
- 9Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly gold in color. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Cut through score lines to make 16 wedges. Place on a wire rack; cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 10.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: