Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love shiitake mushrooms!! I think they are the king of mushrooms!! I wanted to create my own asian noodle recipe with a fresh ginger flavor and this is what I came up with!! Hope you like them!!
FOR THE GINGER SAUCE
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled & sliced (1 large 2-inch piece)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey (raw, thick type is best)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
FOR THE ROASTED SHIITAKES
- 3 (3 1/4 ounce) crates fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
FOR THE NOODLES
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups green cabbage, sliced into strips
- Place the ginger and the rest of the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove any thick stems, then slice. Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (The salt here will be flavoring the entire salad).
- Roast the mushrooms for 10 minutes then remove to a large salad bowl.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. After adding the noodles to boiling water, add the cabbage and zucchini too.
- After noodle mixture cooks, drain all and immediately toss with the shiitakes and ginger dressing to coat to your liking.
- Serve immediately hot or chill for a cold noodle salad.