1/1 Photo of Ginger Shiitake Noodles
I love shiitake mushrooms!! I think they are the king of mushrooms!! I wanted to create my own asian noodle recipe with a fresh ginger flavor and this is what I came up with!! Hope you like them!!
My Private Note
large n ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE GINGER SAUCE
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled & sliced (1 large 2-inch piece)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey (raw, thick type is best)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
FOR THE ROASTED SHIITAKES
- 3 (3 1/4 ounce) crates fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
FOR THE NOODLES
- 1Place the ginger and the rest of the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove any thick stems, then slice. Place mushrooms on a cookie sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (The salt here will be flavoring the entire salad).
- 4Roast the mushrooms for 10 minutes then remove to a large salad bowl.
- 5Cook the noodles according to package directions. After adding the noodles to boiling water, add the cabbage and zucchini too.
- 6After noodle mixture cooks, drain all and immediately toss with the shiitakes and ginger dressing to coat to your liking.
- 7Serve immediately hot or chill for a cold noodle salad.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Shiitake Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 216.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
Chinese five spice powder