Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the April 2005 issue of Vegetarian Times.
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce or 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained, pressed dry and cubed
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Combine tamari, vinegar, sesame oil and sugar in mixing bowl, and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and stir-fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove tofu from pan; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbs. canola oil in same pan. Add asparagus and shiitakes, and stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add reserved tofu and sauce; toss well and heat through. Garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.