Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love stir fry, so recipes like this often catch my eye. From October 2006 Prevention magazine.
Make and share this Ginger-Sesame Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 bunches Broccolini, sliced diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2/3 c water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Combine rice and water in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand ten minutes without lifting cover.
- Preheat wok or large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat 30 seconds. Add canola oil, garlic, ginger, and scallions and stir 1 minute until scallions begin to soften. Add chicken and continue to stir 2 minutes, until surfaces of chicken are mostly white.
- Add broccolini and pepper. Stir until slightly softened, 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture and salt, stirring to coat ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and allow liquid to reduce to a thick sauce, about 1 minute. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Wer hands and shape rice into 4 balls. Serve with stir-fry.