I love stir fry, so recipes like this often catch my eye. From October 2006 Prevention magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 1/2 bunches Broccolini, sliced diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2/3 c water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1Combine rice and water in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand ten minutes without lifting cover.
- 2Preheat wok or large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat 30 seconds. Add canola oil, garlic, ginger, and scallions and stir 1 minute until scallions begin to soften. Add chicken and continue to stir 2 minutes, until surfaces of chicken are mostly white.
- 3Add broccolini and pepper. Stir until slightly softened, 1 minute. Add cornstarch mixture and salt, stirring to coat ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and allow liquid to reduce to a thick sauce, about 1 minute. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- 4Wer hands and shape rice into 4 balls. Serve with stir-fry.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Sesame Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 373.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: