Recipe by DrGaellon
These noodles amp up the flavor of traditional Chinese sesame noodles with a dollop of ginger jam. Adapted from a recipe by Kerry Saretsky at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/lj9CnP
- 1 lb wide lo mein noodles
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 3 tablespoons ginger preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients except scallions (or process in a blender) until smooth. Toss noodles gently with sauce then top with scallions. Serve at room temperature or chilled.