Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderfully simple marinade that adds a great Asian flavor to steak. This steak is great on its own, or sliced into thin strips and served over a salad.
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb sirloin steak
- Whisk together ingredients for marinade and pour into a zip lock bag.
- Salt and pepper both sides of steak, to taste.
- Add the steak to bag and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- (I like to bring the steak to room temperature before I cook it).
- Remove steak from bag into a shallow baking dish along with extra marinade.
- Cook steak under broiler until done to your liking (about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, 7-8 minutes for closer to medium).
- Let steak rest under foil about 5 minutes before serving.
Easy and tasty marinade. I am lazy and use powdered Ginger with great results. I usually use flank steak and marinate it over night. Awesome flavor! A must try.
Easy marinade and great flavor. Next time we will go a little longer on the marinade time (we did 20 min this time)
The steak was pretty good, but this marinade was DYNAMITE on broccoli. I put it in a bag with the marinade for about a half hour (subbed chili oil for 1/2 of the red pepper flake) and stir fried it--AWESOME :D