Prep 50 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes ftom the August 2005 editon of Cooking Light, the magazine Toolsie (It's Me Toolbelt) sent me.
- 1 lb water packed low-fat extra-firm tofu, drained and cut crosswise into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 8 lime slices
- cooking spray
- 2 cups hot cooked short-grain white rice
For ginger-sesame vinaigrette use 2/3 cup
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels, cover with additional paper towels.
- Let stand 20 minutes, press down occasionally.
- Combine ginger sesame vinaigrette, cilantro, soy sauce in 13x9 baking dish.
- remove 1/4 cup cilantro mixture; set aside.
- Add tofu to dish in single layer, turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turn occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Add lime slices to marinade, turn to coat.
- Remove tofu and lime slices from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Place tofu and lime slices on grill rack coated with spray; grill 2 minutes each side till browned, and well heated through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- spoon 1/2 cup rice on 4 plates.
- Top each serving with 2 tofu slices and 2 lime slices; drizzle each serving with 1 tbsp reserved cilantro mixture.
- For vinaigrette:.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk till smooth.
- Stir in green onions and the remaining ingredients.
- Yields 1 1/3 cups (serving size 1 tbsp).