Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't be scared off by the ginger juice - if you don't have it, just add some more minced ginger.
- 3 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 -2 teaspoon rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 2 teaspoons ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark toasted sesame oil
- Mix the vinegar,ginger, ginger juice and soy sauce together.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Add sesame oil.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust any way you want.
I used fresh orange juice instead of brown sugar. Good.
This was terrific. I used lime juice and ginger paste as substitutes because it's what I had on hand. The sesame oil makes it so rich and wonderful. What a way to dress up one of those bags of lettuce for a fantastic side dish, ready in about 3 minutes. Thanks for a great recipe!!!