Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the internet at Food & Wine by Grace Parisi. I changed a couple things and added onion. Great Fast and Healthy meal.
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml white wine (Reisling)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cornstarch (dissolved in 1 T. cold water)
- 2.46 ml rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 44.37 ml canola oil, divided
- 1 onion, cut into small wedges
- 340.19 g button mushroom, thickly sliced
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 leaf bok choy, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken broth with soy sauce, wine, sugar, dissolved cornstarch and water, sesame oil and crushed red pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 t. oil until hot and add the onion wedges. Cook for about 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for another 6 minutes. Transfer onion and mushrooms to a plate.
- Add another 2 t. oil to the skillet and season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet and cook over med. high heat until golden about 4 minute each side. Transfer to the plate with onions and mushrooms.
- Add 1 T. oil to the skillet and add the bok choy and red pepper pieces. Cook on medium high heat until crisp tender about 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the onion, mushrooms, and chicken.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant about 1 minute. Return the chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Whisk the sauce in the bowl, and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer stirring until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer to bowls and serve.
this was a wondefull dish.My whole family enjoyed we added 3 baby bok choy and some left over stir fry veggies served with brown rice i made with low fat chicken broth.Thanks for posting.
This was awesome! Everyone cleaned their plates even my two little boys! Its a keeper will make it again.