1/3 Photos of Ginger-Sesame Chicken With Bok Choy, Onion and Mushrooms
adopt a greyhound's Note:
I found this on the internet at Food & Wine by Grace Parisi. I changed a couple things and added onion. Great Fast and Healthy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine (Reisling)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (dissolved in 1 T. cold water)
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, cut into small wedges
- 3/4 lb button mushroom, thickly sliced
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 leaves bok choy, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the chicken broth with soy sauce, wine, sugar, dissolved cornstarch and water, sesame oil and crushed red pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- 2In a large skillet, heat 2 t. oil until hot and add the onion wedges. Cook for about 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for another 6 minutes. Transfer onion and mushrooms to a plate.
- 3Add another 2 t. oil to the skillet and season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet and cook over med. high heat until golden about 4 minute each side. Transfer to the plate with onions and mushrooms.
- 4Add 1 T. oil to the skillet and add the bok choy and red pepper pieces. Cook on medium high heat until crisp tender about 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the onion, mushrooms, and chicken.
- 5Add the remaining oil to the skillet and cook the ginger and garlic until fragrant about 1 minute. Return the chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Whisk the sauce in the bowl, and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer stirring until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Sesame Chicken With Bok Choy, Onion and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1923.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: