Recipe by chia
This is a lovely part of any Asian themed meal, from Fine Cooking.
Top Review by Miraklegirl
This was wonderful! I am always looking for new ways to prepare asparagus and this was a definite winner. The slight sweetness from the hoisin sauce really brought out the flavour. Served it with Sesame Seared Tuna and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. Yum!
- 226.79 g thin asparagus, sliced on the diagonal into 2 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml hoisin sauce
- 7.39 ml rice wine
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
- 9.85 ml minced fresh peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt and asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove and rinse asparagus in cold water, drain well on paper towels.
- In a small bowl whisk together hoisin, rice wine and sesame oil.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet.
- Add sesame seeds to center of the pan and cook until the seeds are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add hoisin mixture, asparagus and salt.
- Stir often until asparagus is coated and heated through, 1 minute.