This is a lovely part of any Asian themed meal, from Fine Cooking.
Make and share this Ginger Sesame Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt and asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove and rinse asparagus in cold water, drain well on paper towels.
- In a small bowl whisk together hoisin, rice wine and sesame oil.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet.
- Add sesame seeds to center of the pan and cook until the seeds are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add hoisin mixture, asparagus and salt.
- Stir often until asparagus is coated and heated through, 1 minute.
This was wonderful! I am always looking for new ways to prepare asparagus and this was a definite winner. The slight sweetness from the hoisin sauce really brought out the flavour. Served it with Sesame Seared Tuna and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. Yum!
I really enjoyed all the flavors in this dish. And the leftovers were even great the next day cold! The only spot where I deviated, was toasting the sesame seeds. Mine were nice and brown a little sooner than 5 minutes. I had a brand new jar of hoisin just waiting for me to use it in this recipe. Thanks
Chia, You did good. I nuked the asparagus while cooking the garlic and ginger. I used the chili sesame oil, and olive oil in place of the peanut oil. I also made this with chinese broccoli.Yummy!