Recipe by FoodieFanatic
This recipe is one that Giada De Laurentiis prepared for a wedding that was televised on Food Network. The guests went crazy over the recipe when I was watching it, so I thought I would share it with all of you. This recipe would also be wonderful with any firm white fish, such as swordfish or tuna etc. I bet it would be great with haddock or flounder too.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 20 ounces sea bass fillets
- 4 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 4 12" square pieces of aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Working with 1 foil sheet at a time, place the foil sheets on the work surface.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of spinach in the center of each foil sheet.
- Top with a sea bass fillet.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of Marsala, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil over the fish and spinach.
- Gather the foil sheets over the fish. Fold in the foil edges, and pinch tightly to seal.
- Place the foil packages on a heavy large baking sheet.
- Bake until the spinach wilts and the fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the packages to wide shallow bowls. Cool 5 minutes.
- Open package and fold down to reveal fish, being careful of hot steam.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the fish.
- Sprinkle with the basil, and serve.