Serve warm with strawberry jam. Perfect with a hot cup of tea. The scones can be frozen.
Make and share this Ginger Scones - the Inn at Little Washington recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter with an electric mixer.
- Add the milk, 1/4 cup of the cream, the egg yolk, and the candied ginger. Mix until just incorporated (do not overmix.).
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured service and roll out to 3/4" thickness.
- Use a heart-shaped or round cutter to cut out the scones. Place the scones on the baking sheets.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining 1/4 cup cream. Bake for 4 minutes, rotate, and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from the sheets with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with strawberry jam (and clotted cream, if you like.).