1/2 Photos of Ginger Scones - the Inn at Little Washington
Serve warm with strawberry jam. Perfect with a hot cup of tea. The scones can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line two baking sheets with waxed paper.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter with an electric mixer.
- 4Add the milk, 1/4 cup of the cream, the egg yolk, and the candied ginger. Mix until just incorporated (do not overmix.).
- 5Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured service and roll out to 3/4" thickness.
- 6Use a heart-shaped or round cutter to cut out the scones. Place the scones on the baking sheets.
- 7Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining 1/4 cup cream. Bake for 4 minutes, rotate, and bake for 5 minutes more.
- 8Remove from the sheets with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- 9Serve with strawberry jam (and clotted cream, if you like.).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Scones - the Inn at Little Washington
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: