Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy chicken recipe, submitted by Ruth Kendrick, Ogden, UT, and a 2009 Finalist in the Chicken Cooking contest put on by the National Chicken Council.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice (or white rice)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion, green tops included
- In large skillet over medium high heat, place cooking oil. Add chicken and sauté until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan, mix together soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, chicken broth, ginger and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer to reduce sauce, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat. Place chicken in 325° F oven. Bake about 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 165°F Stir in sesame seeds.
- Place hot rice on serving platter, add chicken and sauce and garnish with scallions.
Made this last night with large slices of boneless and skinless chicken breasts. I added some fresh crushed garlic and a 1/2 tsp sesame oil and it was fantastic. I might not use the pepper next time (personal choice) but this definitely going to be made again!
Very good and easy, especially using a versatile iron skillet. Thank you!