Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely Asian style soup with corn, egg, ham and sesame oil.
Make and share this Ginger Scented Asian Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Combine broth, water and slices of fresh ginger over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Bring to slow boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ginger chunks.
- Add corn (and cayenne if using) and heat to boil.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch and cold water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup and boil for a few minutes until soup has thickened.
- Add ham and heat through - shouldn't take long since its finely diced.
- Remove from heat. Add sesame oil and then SLOWLY add egg white while stirring. Adding the egg white slowly will help create a pretty ribbon effect.