Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
This is a lovely Asian style soup with corn, egg, ham and sesame oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine broth, water and slices of fresh ginger over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Bring to slow boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Remove ginger chunks.
- 3Add corn (and cayenne if using) and heat to boil.
- 4Meanwhile combine cornstarch and cold water.
- 5Add cornstarch mixture to soup and boil for a few minutes until soup has thickened.
- 6Add ham and heat through - shouldn't take long since its finely diced.
- 7Remove from heat. Add sesame oil and then SLOWLY add egg white while stirring. Adding the egg white slowly will help create a pretty ribbon effect.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Scented Asian Soup
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 1921.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: