Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lovely Asian style soup with corn, egg, ham and sesame oil.
Make and share this Ginger Scented Asian Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in 2-4 pieces
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 4 ounces turkey ham, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Combine broth, water and slices of fresh ginger over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Bring to slow boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ginger chunks.
- Add corn (and cayenne if using) and heat to boil.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch and cold water.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup and boil for a few minutes until soup has thickened.
- Add ham and heat through - shouldn't take long since its finely diced.
- Remove from heat. Add sesame oil and then SLOWLY add egg white while stirring. Adding the egg white slowly will help create a pretty ribbon effect.