Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
ww 3 points per serving. A delicious fall soup. Can be made with pears instead of apples
- 22.18 ml minced ginger
- 1 medium leek, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 3 large apples, peeled cored and cut into pieces
- 1360.77 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- Combine leek, ginger and apple juice concentrate in a large pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until leeks are tender. Add apples, squash, 1 cup of broth and 1 tsp splenda. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until very tender.
- Puree soup using a hand-held immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender.
- Add remaining 3 cups of broth, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in half and half. Serve and enjoy.
Clear five stars - this soup got rave reviews! Not having frozen apple juice concentrate I used one more apple which turned out just great. Also I didn't peel the squash but first steemed it with peel and then followed the recipe with the slightly steamed squash. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting.
Made for Diabetic Tailgate Party.