Recipe by On-the-Mark
ww 3 points per serving. A delicious fall soup. Can be made with pears instead of apples
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Clear five stars - this soup got rave reviews! Not having frozen apple juice concentrate I used one more apple which turned out just great. Also I didn't peel the squash but first steemed it with peel and then followed the recipe with the slightly steamed squash. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting.
Made for Diabetic Tailgate Party.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 medium leek, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 3 large apples, peeled cored and cut into pieces
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine leek, ginger and apple juice concentrate in a large pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until leeks are tender. Add apples, squash, 1 cup of broth and 1 tsp splenda. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until very tender.
- Puree soup using a hand-held immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender.
- Add remaining 3 cups of broth, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in half and half. Serve and enjoy.