Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from "Just Cook This" with Sam the Cooking Guy
- 12 large scallops, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Mix butter, ginger and green onion. Heat non-stick pan on high then add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When almost smoking, add half of the scallops and sear on both sides until nicely browned, 1-2 minutes a side.
- When almost finished cooking, put half the ginger butter in the pan and toss scallops until all coated and serve.
- Cook remaining scallops the same way, ya dig?
This was a fantastic, quick and easy recipe! Would have cost us $60 + at a Chicago restaurant (including the wine). Thanks for the great recipe Karen!
amazingly good! I added some cilantro to the butter mixture