1/1 Photo of Ginger Sauteed Carrot and Potato Slivers
one of my favorite simple chinese dishes is sauteed carrots, which my mom used to make all the time. the natural carmelization makes me so happy and the color is really pretty. this dish came out of my love for my julienne peeler and my need to put ponzu on everything.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1julienne potato and carrots with a julienne peeler, in the lengthwise direction. use only the outer layer of the carrot, the meat of the carrot as the chinese call it, because the inner circulatory portion is useless and fibrous.
- 2heat up enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan and heat until very hot.
- 3saute carrot and potato slivers with the white part of the green onion. salt to taste, add ginger and cover.
- 4cook on medium, stirring ocasionally until both are soft.
- 5remove from heat and add green onion tops and drizzle with ponzu. mix well and cover until serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Sauteed Carrot and Potato Slivers
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: