Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty sauce to serve over cooked salmon fillets. Cook salmon your favorite way, grilled, poached, broiled, etc. Might work with chicken breasts or pork chops also,
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 29.58 ml shallots, peeled and minced
- 236.59 ml cabernet sauvignon wine
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 158.51 ml whipping cream or 158.51 ml heavy cream
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat; add ginger and shallots. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Strain.
- Boil cream in heavy medium saucepan until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir into wine mixture. Simmer sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining butter and whisk just until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over cooked salmon fillets.