Recipe by Outta Here
A tasty sauce to serve over cooked salmon fillets. Cook salmon your favorite way, grilled, poached, broiled, etc. Might work with chicken breasts or pork chops also,
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream or 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat; add ginger and shallots. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Strain.
- Boil cream in heavy medium saucepan until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir into wine mixture. Simmer sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining butter and whisk just until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over cooked salmon fillets.