Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty summertime sangria, on the lighter side in terms of sugar and alcohol content.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 apple, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 liter blood orange italian soda (available at Trader Joes)
- 0.5 (150 ml) bottle ginger brew (Reed's, available at Trader Joes)
- Mix together first 6 ingredients, refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, add in the blood orange soda & ginger brew, then pour over ice.
- Note: you can replace the blood orange soda & ginger brew with 750ml ginger ale - makes the concoction a little sweeter with a little less of a ginger kick.