Recipe by NorthwestGal
This wonderful Pacific Northwest recipe is from the Real Simple website. It features grilled salmon topped with gingered vinaigrette, grilled onions and grilled peaches.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges (with skins attached)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 salmon steaks, each about 6-oz and 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions and peaches with oil, salt and pepper. Let stand a few minutes.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Remove onions from marinade, and grill the salmon and onions until salmon is opaque throughout and onions are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- After flipping the salmon, remove peaches from marinade and place on grill and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Discard marinade.
- Drizzle the salmon with the gingered vinaigrette, and serve with the grilled onions and grilled peaches.