Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
fishy goodness. even my friend who wasn't too sure about fish liked it :)
- 12 ounces salmon
- 1 inch piece gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I used shoyu)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 cup water (enough to mostly cover the fish)
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel ginger and slice thinly.
- Season salmon with pepper.
- Mix everything but the salmon in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Once the water boils, place salmon into pan and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook thoroughly. The fish browns and falls apart in the sauce when it is ready.
- This is wonderful served over a salad.