Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
These sophisticated little hip sips from "Sips & Apps" can be eaten in one bite, like sushi. They are super fun to pass at a party along with appetizers. Just don't eat too many! They are potent!
- 3 (21.26 g) packet unflavored gelatin, Knox
- 170.09 g sake
- 283.49 g simple syrup
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, peeled very finely minced
- 340.19 g vodka
- 170.09 g lime juice
- 1 large cucumber, 25-35 thin slices
- tiny-julienne candied ginger (optional)
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the sake and let soak for 5 minutes to bloom the gelatin.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the simple syrup and ginger just to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and sake mix, and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin. Stir in the vodka and lime juice.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a PLASTIC WRAP LINED 8" square glass baking dish. Cover tightly w/ plastic wrap, not touching the liquid surface, and refrigerate until the gelatin is completely set, preferably overnight.
- To serve, unmold the gelatin onto a parchment- or wax paper- lined baking sheet. remove the plastic wrap and cut gelatin into desired shapes. i like to use a 1 inch round cutter to cut the gelatin into squares.
- Serve each piece on a slice of cuke and top with gold and/or ginger.