Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These sophisticated little hip sips from "Sips & Apps" can be eaten in one bite, like sushi. They are super fun to pass at a party along with appetizers. Just don't eat too many! They are potent!
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the sake and let soak for 5 minutes to bloom the gelatin.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the simple syrup and ginger just to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and sake mix, and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin. Stir in the vodka and lime juice.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a PLASTIC WRAP LINED 8" square glass baking dish. Cover tightly w/ plastic wrap, not touching the liquid surface, and refrigerate until the gelatin is completely set, preferably overnight.
- To serve, unmold the gelatin onto a parchment- or wax paper- lined baking sheet. remove the plastic wrap and cut gelatin into desired shapes. i like to use a 1 inch round cutter to cut the gelatin into squares.
- Serve each piece on a slice of cuke and top with gold and/or ginger.