Recipe by Boca Pat
This roast is so good. The glaze is tangy and sweet and delicious.
Top Review by Heather U.
This was really good. I added 2 small fresh Thai red chilis and 1/4 cup apple juice to the rest of the ingredients and blended it all together (except the roast!) in my food processor. Jabbed holes all over the roast and let it marinade overnight, then roasted it in our rotisserie grill. I think next time I'd use less mustard and maybe add a tablespoon of apricot or pineapple preserves as it felt like it was missing just a little something. I'm not providing a rating, though, since maybe it was my own tinkering that did it! :)
- 4 -5 lbs bone-in pork roast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic pwdr and paprika and rub all over the pork.
- Place pork in roasting pan and bake for 1 hr 15 minutes.
- In small saucepan heat brown sugar, rum or O.
- ,butter, mustard, vinegar and ginger; simmer whisking until consistency of jam and reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Brush glaze over roast during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before you slice it.