Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful marinade. I loved it. This is good for up to 1 or 2 lbs of meat but I always make more. I like to have extra just incase.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (, the kind in the jar is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour over meat and marinade in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Note* I pour all of the contents into a large ziplock bag and then add the meat.
- I find this alot easier and it seems to marinade alot better this way.
I tried this marinade on chicken breasts. For some reason, the chicken had a very odd texture after grilling. Don't know if the rum disintigrated the chicken or I left it to marinade too long (6 hours). I may try it again on beef, but never again on chicken.
I used this to marinate shrimp and chicken before grilling. I got rave reviews from my dinner guests as well as requests for the recipe. I used coconut rum and made grilled pineapple to serve on the side. I will make this one again.
I found this recipe in an old Better Homes and Gardens Grilling cookbook. When ever I have a fresh pineapple, I put all the "its and bits" of the pineapple in my juicer and come up with the fresh juice. Use dark or amber rum for a more pronounced rum taste. I would do this one again!