Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We really liked this chicken recipe, which is great on cooked rice. It's very easy to make too, and very fast.
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup preserved gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
- Put the chicken in a shallow roasting pan.
- Beat egg yolk until light and then add the honey, rum, and chicken stock and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Baste at least every 15 minutes.
This was awesome! I covered the chicken when I cooked it, so it was really moist, and I used fresh ginger with a little sugar. This was really easy and very flavorful!Thanks!