Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
One of my favourite types of rice balls especially when grilled and crispy. We buy our sushi ginger in thin slices in packets and jars, about 1/4 cup is what I use. Cooking time does not include time for rice.
Top Review by JBGB
Really delicious. The rice took up the glaze really well, they looked lovely and burnished! Tasty and filling. I saved one for breakfast in the fridge and it was just as good the next morning! Many thanks for the recipe.
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (I recommend Minado's Perfect Sushi Rice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy ginger glaze (see recipe 199469)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Form sushi cakes either using a rice mould or your hands (make sure to wet them first).
- Make a small hole in the cake and fill with 2 slices sushi ginger.
- Re-seal hole and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat grill.
- Glaze rice ball and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds. Grill until golden. Turn, glaze and grill.
- scoff, yum.