Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favourite types of rice balls especially when grilled and crispy. We buy our sushi ginger in thin slices in packets and jars, about 1/4 cup is what I use. Cooking time does not include time for rice.
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (I recommend Minado's Perfect Sushi Rice)
- 1⁄4 cup soy ginger glaze (see recipe 199469)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Form sushi cakes either using a rice mould or your hands (make sure to wet them first).
- Make a small hole in the cake and fill with 2 slices sushi ginger.
- Re-seal hole and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat grill.
- Glaze rice ball and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds. Grill until golden. Turn, glaze and grill.
- scoff, yum.
Really delicious. The rice took up the glaze really well, they looked lovely and burnished! Tasty and filling. I saved one for breakfast in the fridge and it was just as good the next morning! Many thanks for the recipe.
Awesome, just what i was looking for!