Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Food & Wine, May 2007
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the ginger, rice, stock and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water has fully evaporated.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
The rice was nice and fluffy and perfectly cooked. This was served with stir-fry vegetables and Grilled Teriyaki Chicken (Rachael Ray).