Recipe by Terri Juwan
Had this dish at the Blue Mesa Grill in Addison, TX...some of the best Southwestern food I have eaten...NOTE: I typed in sushi ginger as one of the ingredients, but Recipezaar keeps changing it to pickled ginger...must be the same thing.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons pickled ginger, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups uncooked Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium size sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and onions, stir frequently until onions are transparent.
- Add rice, turning frequently until well coated.
- Add coconut milk, water, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 - 6 minutes.
- Turn cooked rice into serving bowl, add basil pesto and toss with fork to fluff and distribute flavor.