Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This one's a bit different-using crystallized ginger instead of fresh ginger. VERY spicy! Go ahead and add the garlic if you want. From the Starch Blocker Diet cookbook.
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a wok or saute pan on medium-high.
- Lightly saute the scallions and garlic for about 30 seconds. DO NOT burn! Lower heat if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife, cut up the crystallized ginger into very small pieces.
- Toss the scallions, garlic and ginger with the rice. Season with salt to taste.
What a great rice, for me the addition of the crystalized ginger made this so amazing I could heat it by myself, such a great blend of flavors. I'd saved this so long ago had almost forgottn about it by soooooo glad I remembered as it's a winner in my book. I didn't have peanut oil, but did have grape seed oil and used that which worked fine.
Excellent "do ahead" recipe!!! I did not use green onions (forgot to buy them) so used a half a white onion chopped. I can't handle anything to spicy so this was a perfect blend for me!!Absolutely loved this dish and will do this one again and again!!! Thanks for the posting!
Lovely rice! I wouldn't say it's spicy, but it sure is tasty! I made this to go with some sweet potato edamame wraps in chard leaves, and the slight sweetness of the ginger and the nutty flavor of the rice were a great complement to the sweet & bitter wraps. Super easy and the simple flavors make it a nice side. Thanks for sharing!