Recipe by COOKGIRl
This one's a bit different-using crystallized ginger instead of fresh ginger. VERY spicy! Go ahead and add the garlic if you want. From the Starch Blocker Diet cookbook.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
What a great rice, for me the addition of the crystalized ginger made this so amazing I could heat it by myself, such a great blend of flavors. I'd saved this so long ago had almost forgottn about it by soooooo glad I remembered as it's a winner in my book. I didn't have peanut oil, but did have grape seed oil and used that which worked fine.
- 3 tablespoons oil (peanut or sesame are good)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove (my addition) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, diced
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice or 3 cups cooked basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a wok or saute pan on medium-high.
- Lightly saute the scallions and garlic for about 30 seconds. DO NOT burn! Lower heat if necessary.
- Using a sharp knife, cut up the crystallized ginger into very small pieces.
- Toss the scallions, garlic and ginger with the rice. Season with salt to taste.