Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
One more for the books.
Make and share this Ginger Rhubarb Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and crystallized ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, sour cream, oil, and egg.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
I prepared these for the ZWT - Low Fat Challenge and they were wonderful. The peppery taste from the ginger highlights and complements the flavor of the rhubarb and the muffin itself (even with my lower fat changes) was still very moist with a nice crispy exterior. My yield was 12 well rounded large muffins and 6 mini muffins. My lowfat substitutions were to replace 1/4 cup of the sugar with Splenda; skim milk for regular; nonfat sour cream for regular; 4 teaspoons of oil topped off with applesauce to equal 1/3 cup of oil. Thanks Charlotte!!
hurray for easy muffin recipes!! This was sooo easy to make and i love how it didnt take forever to bake like everything else ive been making lately, dont ask.. haha! anyways i used whole wheather flour and a bit more ginger than called for and it still turned out so well but only gave me 12 big muffins, not 16. oh i also used 1 cup of milk instead of adding sour cream, but those are all the changes! promise! thanks a bunchie charlotte my fam with loove it!