Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted recipe. The ginger is very nice. Tasty but not too sweet (add some sugar if you like your muffins sweeter). Makes a large recipe but they freeze well (or you can make one third of the recipe to get just one dozen muffins).
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 cups white flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- Cream together margarine, salt and molasses in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and raisins.
- Mix together milk and eggs in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- Place in well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.