Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
from 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes. This would freeze well. This is meant to be a first course dish.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs fresh pumpkin, peeled seeded and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper in a slow cooker; cover and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Process soup in food processor or blender until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
I made this soup (with a few additions) for a potluck dinner party and every one loved. I was asked for the recipe and I was demanded for two weeks later because I hadn't shared it.