Recipe by evelyn/athens
The crystallized ginger in these not-too-sweet pumpkin muffins makes them extraordinarily good!
Top Review by Lennie
These muffins are stunning. The texture and moistness is outstanding, and the not-too-sweet taste was most appreciated. And -- ah! -- the candied ginger just puts them over the top. My only quibble is the fact that the baking powder isn't mentioned in the instructions; I almost forgot to add it in. These baked up very well, and mine were done after just 18 minutes. The only change I made was to use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon-ginger-nutmeg. These delightful muffins will now always be found in my freezer, ready to be defrosted and enjoyed!
- 314.66 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml cold butter, cut into bits
- 118.29 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml crystallized ginger
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Butter and flour 1/3 cup muffin tins.
- Sift flour and baking powder with sugar and blend with butter, using fingertips, until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add ginger, spices, pumpkin puree, milk and egg and stir until just combined.
- Divide among muffin tins, filling 3/4s full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.