Recipe by Sharon123
Perfect for the pumpkin season!
Top Review by Leta
This dish has a light pumpkin flavor, the seasonings are in good balance. I normally would give this recipe a 4 star rating, but there is a problem with the recipe itself. Step one says to beat the eggs and sugar, but sugar is not listed with the ingredients. I took an educated guess and added 1/2 cup sugar. [Editor's Note: The recipe was updated as a result of this review 10/27/02]
- 4 eggs
- 103.53 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml unflavored gelatin
- 354.88 ml pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml freshly grated ginger
- 1.23 ml grated nutmeg
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- minced crystallized ginger (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with sugar until mixture is light colored and thick.
- Add gelatin and beat to blend well.
- Mix in pumpkin puree and spices and chill mixture until it begins to set.
- Whip cream into soft peaks; fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into 4 to 6 dessert dishes or a large serving bowl.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Before serving decorate with crystallized ginger.
- Makes 4 to 6 portions.