1/2 Photos of Ginger Pound Cake
1 hr 30 mins
nadia murray's Note:
I love ginger, I love pound cake, I love ginger pound cake! Maybe you will too. This is a large, moist cake--nice crust and crumb. I imagine you could omit the ginger, if you must and have a vanilla pound cake. This came from Southern Living April 2002.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) jar crystallized ginger, finely minced (I just weighed out about 3 ounces on a scale)
- 2 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (lightly spooned into cup and leveled off)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if butter is salted)
- 1Heat milk and ginger in small saucepan over medium heat until very warm--do not boil--let stand 10-15 minutes off heat. Preheat oven to 325, grease and flour 10 inch tube pan.
- 2Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar beating 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. beating just until yellow disappears; stir in vanilla.
- 3Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour, beat at low speed just to blend and spread batter in prepared pan.
- 4Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool in pan on rack 10 minutes before unmolding and cooling completely on rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.9
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 108.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: