1/1 Photo of Ginger Pork Spring Rolls
* Pamela *'s Note:
Great for Once a Month Cooking as these freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces ground lean pork or 6 ounces leftover pork
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon peeled gingerroot, finely grated or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 18 (6 inch) spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 1For Filling: Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Makes about 1 1/4 cups offilling.
- 2Stir water into flour in small cup until smooth.
- 3Work with spring roll wrappers 1 at a time. Keep remaining wrappers covered with damp tea towel to prevent drying. Place 1 wrapper diagonally on work surface. Spoon about 1 tablespoons filling onto wrapper near bottom corner. Dampen edges of wrapper with flour mixture. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold side corners over filling. Roll up tightly toward top corner to seal. Cover with damp towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- 4Deep-fry spring rolls in 2 or 3 batches in hot cooking oil for about 2 minutes per batch until wrapper is golden. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Makes 18 spring rolls.
- 5Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
- 6For OAMC: flash freeze on a cookie sheet for 2 hours and then transfer to ziploc bag, label and return to freezer. To serve: place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Pork Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 126.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g