1/6 Photos of Ginger Plum Chicken Stir Fry
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a yummy stir fry of chicken with plum and chili sauces, if you want to make this even quicker you could just buy a big bag of mixed asain stir fry veg to add, I had vegetables I needed to use up, I think that is the beauty of a stir fry they are so versatile and you can add any veg you like. I served this as is, it is enough for 3 generous portions or 4 smaller ones, if you want to make it a definite hearty meal for 4 just add about 300-400g noodles, my hubby and I are watching our carb intake at the moment so I do not serve a lot of meals with rice or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 700 g chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely (add as many or few seeds as you want.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 200 g green cabbage, shredded (I used and asian cabbage.)
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 5 broccoli florets, chopped
- 50 g snow peas, trimmed
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 8 dried whole shiitake mushrooms, soaked, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Heat some oil in a wok stir fry chicken in batches until browned all over, adding oil as needed, set to one side, wipe wok clean.
- 2Add about 1 tablespoon more of oil add onion, garlic, ginger and chili to wok stir fry until onion softens, add soy sauce, stir fry 1 minute.
- 3Add broccoli and return chicken to pan, stir fry 2 minutes, add both sauces, cabbage, carrots and mushrooms, stir fry a few minutes more.
- 4Finally add snow peas and sprouts, stir fry until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 5To Serve: Place in bowls or on plates and garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Plum Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.3 mg
- Sodium 638.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 55.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce