Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a yummy stir fry of chicken with plum and chili sauces, if you want to make this even quicker you could just buy a big bag of mixed asain stir fry veg to add, I had vegetables I needed to use up, I think that is the beauty of a stir fry they are so versatile and you can add any veg you like. I served this as is, it is enough for 3 generous portions or 4 smaller ones, if you want to make it a definite hearty meal for 4 just add about 300-400g noodles, my hubby and I are watching our carb intake at the moment so I do not serve a lot of meals with rice or noodles.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
Was looking for a good stir fry recipe that used chicken. This recipe is a winner, the flavor is good and the ability to change up and use the veggies you have on hand is a real plus. Don't leave out the plum sauce as it gives the dish that extra spark.
- olive oil
- 700 g chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely (add as many or few seeds as you want.)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 200 g green cabbage, shredded (I used and asian cabbage.)
- 2 small carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 5 broccoli florets, chopped
- 50 g snow peas, trimmed
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 8 dried whole shiitake mushrooms, soaked, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat some oil in a wok stir fry chicken in batches until browned all over, adding oil as needed, set to one side, wipe wok clean.
- Add about 1 tablespoon more of oil add onion, garlic, ginger and chili to wok stir fry until onion softens, add soy sauce, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and return chicken to pan, stir fry 2 minutes, add both sauces, cabbage, carrots and mushrooms, stir fry a few minutes more.
- Finally add snow peas and sprouts, stir fry until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- To Serve: Place in bowls or on plates and garnish with green onions.